One of the most comforting amenities offered at Loch Lomond Villa, is the convenience of having a wellness centre on the premises. The centre is located off the lobby of High Rise I. The Seniors Wellness Centre provides and coordinates health services for apartment tenants. The goal of the Seniors Wellness Centre is to provide health and reception services to our tenants, enabling them to live safely and independently, or with the necessary support services. The focus is to promote wellness, independence and healthy lifestyles by providing ongoing education sessions on health-related issues and disease prevention.
Health services available include
- Registered nurse available Monday through Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) to handle emergencies and to see tenants by appointment
- Foot care clinics and monthly visits by a podiatrist, Dr. Stephen Johnson
- Vial For Life Program
- Pedorthist appointments
- Blood pressure, blood-sugar monitoring and B-12 injections; blood work by appointment and only with a doctor's requisition
- Health clinics (flu immunization, blood pressure, diabetes, education and health promotion)
- Registered nurse available for counselling on health issues, medications, home-health needs and follow-up after hospitalization as well as communicating on behalf of tenants with physicians, hospitals, community services and home support agencies (at tenants request).
- Loan program for home-health aids (walkers, etc.)
- Exercise/fitness programs
Seniors Wellness Centre reception services are available Monday through Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) The receptionist can be reached by calling 643-7139.
Available reception services include
- Assistance for tenants who lock themselves out of their apartment during business hours
- Parcel and letter pick-up for items not delivered by Canada Post
- Meal-ticket sales
- Money exchange (for laundry services, hair appointments, etc.)
- Scheduling of appointments for the wellness nurse, podiatrist, pedorthist, hearing tests and any health clinics held in the Wellness Centre.
- Lost and Found
- Providing tenants with information on services, programs and events
- Helping tenants requesting emergency aid assistance for 911
- Redirecting mail
- Ticket sales for special events
- Handling memos/bulletins/sign-up lists/menus and notices
For more information or inquiries, please contact:
Christa Matheson, RN
Seniors Wellness Centre Manager
Tel: (506) 643-7174
Fax: (506) 643-7198